Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Self-Defense Rescripted




Last night we recorded a new video. This is an updated version of my already successful Self-Defense Made Ridiculously Easy. We were able to make two significant improvements. First, I have updated the conceptual material, the way in which we talk about what we do. Instantly, it becomes clear how the principles of self-defense transfer into principles of successful living. And, second, the quality – oh my, the quality. We shot in a studio with HD cameras. This means the image on the DVD will be crystal clear, and we will be able to offer an HD version, and maybe also down-loadable versions..

I am really grateful for the people who helped, April Taylor, Chris Martingilio, Barb Baran and Steve Schriener, because they did such a great job, and also for a nice group of folks who came and acted as "studio audience" So the video would have a nice "live" seminar feel.

Now, please be patient. It will take some time to edit this together because I want it to be really great. In the old days, I just set up a camera and taught, then called it a video. Later, when I started using a lapel mike, I thought I was really doing well. But, if you've seen the most recent of my DVD's, you know that I have been investing the time and expense to produce good quality material. Brandyn and Paul, from Requisite Video Productions have been great partners in this. Their professionalism and knowledge has really encouraged me to embrace quality of presentation to enhance quality of content.

So, be patient. I'll let you know when this is done.

Now, go train.

Chris Thomas

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing any seminars in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,

    There is a seminar on classical staff fighting August 14, 6:30 PM.
    Martingilio Martial Arts
    680 Grand Canyon Dr,
    Madison, WI 53719

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete